Saturday, September 3, 2011

"Lose The Unnecessary Weight"

Although I have lost 8lbs over the past 8 weeks, I’ve also lost other much needed weight. Another name for this type of weight is, ‘baggage’. Baggage can be in the form of bad advice that you’ve held onto, bad relationships, and (or) bad habits. The pounds that I’m shedding come in all three forms mentioned and I’m so excited!



Considering relationships, God has shown me what I could not see (or what I refuse to see). I don’t regret these relationships because there was a gain as well as a lost. I lost what wasn’t necessary for my journey but I gained knowledge and wisdom that came from the experience. Also from these relationships came the wrong advice and then there were times that I had some bad advice of my own.

Additionally, the habits that I formed i.e. seeking man before God or considering man’s word over God’s Word (The Bible), it was also destroying my very life. I realized that satan aided me in gaining this weight. Although people blame satan for what has happened in their lives, he has no authority in our lives except that which we give him. His goal is to steal, kill and destroy you. But I thank God that through God we can overcome the snares of the enemy.

NEVER think that it is too late no matter where you are. God has a destiny for you. If you dare to seek first the Kingdom of God, what you need to get to your destiny will be added to you. (Matthew 6:33) If you will acknowledge God in all your ways (seeking and obeying Him), He will make your path straight! (Proverbs 3:6) ALL IS NOT LOST if you allow God to make what is wrong RIGHT!

Be Encouraged Woman, Trust God & Leap Into Your Destiny!

With Love,

Saleena




Image: Danilo Rizzuti / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

2 comments:

  1. Getting rid of "baggage" has a lot to do with the power of forgiveness. Taylor Perry explained it best when he was on the Oprah Winfrey show. He went through a lot as a child & he forgave those who hurt him. Forgiveness is not easy, but when you operate in forgiveness it allows God to move in your life. And if Taylor Perry never forgave, I don't think he would be where he is today. Don't allow that enemy to destroy your future, forgive those so that God can bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, I would like to thank you for your comment! Coco, you brought up a great point about the power of forgiveness whether it's a friend, family member or even forgiving ourselves. Often times people think that holding a grudge hurts the person they choose not to forgive when they are truly only hurting themselves. Tyler Perry is a great example of what can happen when we choose to forgive and what we can miss out on if we choose not to! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Blog contents © Wear Your Crown 2009. Blogspot Templates by Nymphont.