Wednesday, July 11, 2012

~WHY AM I HERE?! ~


Most of us have asked this question but if you haven’t it is about that time YOU DID. It is time to live life in purpose and on purpose. Everyone has a purpose, even those who seem to believe that their life is of no value or void of direction. We may not know every single step in God's plan but we can be sure that God is the most purposeful being and He’s got a plan for you and me!

“So there is hope for your future," declares the LORD. Jeremiah 31:17

There was a time when I used to live my life aimlessly. I would wake up every morning and do whatever I felt like doing that day; whatever I had to do to survive, I did it with a ‘poor man’s’ mentality. That type of mindset breeds only poverty IN EVERY AREA! I had NO VISION, NO DIRECTION and NO HOPE. Why was I even here? Until one day I became tired, restless, depressed and lifeless- all ingredients for mental, spiritual and possibly physical suicide. I was right where the devil wanted me (at least that is what he thought).

My friend, I had tried everything to try and cover the void and pain in me-residue that still existed from my past. With a smile on my face, hardly anyone knew what was going on in my life; BUT GOD. After being married for a few years, I was in my early twenties with two kids and an enormous mountain that seem to block any view of God’s grace and His mercy! It was like living in a maze blind-folded. With all of life’s twists and turns, ups and downs, disappointment after disappointment, I felt abandoned  and hopeless.

MY THOUGHTS:

Why am I here? Am I good enough?  Am I smart enough?  I seem to never finish what I start. If I could just survive, I’ll be okay. This is too hard! I can never seem to get over this revolving hardship. When will it all end? Will it ever get better?


GOD’S THOUGHTS:

I have called you back from the ends of the earth, saying, 'You are my servant.' For I have chosen you and will not throw you away. Isaiah 41:9

Maybe your thoughts are a little different than what mine use to be. You may be wondering if you will ever meet the right person to marry or questioning if you will ever get pregnant. Could it be that you feel clueless to what your purpose in life is and are currently surviving instead of thriving? Maybe you are constantly being looked over for a promotion and no one seems to notice all the hard work you have been doing. Has God already shown you what you are to do for Him but things just don’t seem to be coming together? Whatever the uncertainty may be, just know that God has a plan.

“For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11
 
Once I began to trust that God had a plan for me and that He really did care for me and did not forget about me, things begin to come together. He began to help me heal and -as he removed the blinders from my eyes- He helped me to see that He was there all along; I was not alone or abandoned!

My life right now is far from perfect but I have direction, a vision, a purpose and I am surrounded by His grace, mercy, love and favor!

I also learned that it is okay to embrace hardship because it is then-during the hard times- when I see God the most; it was then -in the darkest hour that I came to realize that I was created by the most powerful, gentle and loving hands and that "I am" simply because HE IS! And so are you!

When we diligently seek God, He rewards us; He is faithful! If you are still wondering why you are here, just ASK! He wants to tell you.

God loves you!

Saleena

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Blog contents © Wear Your Crown 2009. Blogspot Templates by Nymphont.