Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Who Am I

 Who Am I?

Growing up and even now I see more and more how society and even women themselves define women based on their status. I’ve been guilty of that too until I met a great woman who didn’t make much money, have a  big house or have what most people consider the “ideal” life. However, this beautiful being is one to be admired. Why? Because she is aware of whom she is. Once you know who YOU are, you’ll understand that no one or no thing can define you.


Many people find themselves in different ways. Some hit rock bottom before they discover their identity; while some take the time to search within. I found myself after praying, reading God’s word and being in His presence. For so long, I believed what everyone else said about me; the good and the bad. Although, I am still learning more about ME every day, I know who I am.

One of the most interesting facts about women is that there is no one word to describe or define who we are. That is why it is extremely important to never let anyone put you in a “box”, no matter what is going on in your life.

Whether you are figuring it out or have already figured it out, make a list of the kind person you want to be and look at that list everyday and speak those things into your life. I may know who I am but I am still becoming; therefore, it is never too late for improvement.

For example, maybe you were abused in your life, given up for adoption or just told that you were nothing at all and as a result you find yourself afraid. Say to yourself everyday that you are “bold and courageous”. Why should you?

1.   God did not give you a spirit of fear (2Timothy 1:7). So yes the spirit of fear came from somewhere but it doesn’t define who you are.
2.   God made us in His image and His likeness (Genesis 1:27). And those who know God, knows that He is not fearful and neither did He make His children that way.
3.   Speak what you desire until it manifests even when there is no evidence of it. (Romans 4:17) For it is the will of God.
                                                     

Over the next few days I encourage you to make your list of who you want to be. I will share my list the next time I post and you can share yours if you want. (I encourage you to share b/c it will help other women). Hang the list on your mirror or in a place where you can view it multiple times a day. Even if all hell breaks loose and it seems that you do not have the strength to believe your confession, keep confessing. Faith comes by hearing and hearing over and over again.

And just in case you get stuck on creating your list, start with this.

I am braver than I believe, stronger than I seem, and smarter than I think.
-Winnie-the-Pooh        

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Blog contents © Wear Your Crown 2009. Blogspot Templates by Nymphont.