Tuesday, November 22, 2011

This Holiday Season, I'm Thankful for MY World

As women, often times we endure undue pressure to be better; the pressure is placed on us by ourselves, family, significant others and the media. So what is the issue? There is nothing wrong with self-improvement until you begin to compare yourself to others. When we make comparisons, we set ourselves up for failure. Why? Because as long as a woman compares herself, she will never see herself as being “good enough”; as a result she is usually held back and never reaches her full potential.

It’s about the value that you place on your life. Do you value yourself? Do you value your gifts and talent? Do you value your family? If your answer is yes then the follow-up question is: How much value?

For instance, I am a writer at heart. I currently have three blogs that I use to share my thoughts and experiences. Starting a blog was exciting to me and the joy of giving back by helping and encouraging others through my writing grew immensely. However, as I looked to other bloggers for advice, I began to compare my blog with theirs. Then, the fun of blogging slowly dissipated.

The lesson learned is that my style of writing is different from everyone else. And some people will appreciate my gift and some will not. Nonetheless, I realized that God has blessed me with a very distinct and inspirational talent. And if I don’t learn to value it, I risk losing it.

One way to learn to value who we are and what we have is to simply, be thankful. During this holiday season, let’s take the time to give thanks. The more thankful we are as women, the more fulfilling our lives will become. In turn, there will be no need to compare; we will learn to accept who we are.

From one beautiful woman to another, HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Blog contents © Wear Your Crown 2009. Blogspot Templates by Nymphont.