Wednesday, November 9, 2011

WHERE ARE YOU?

The caption in this picture reads: The man who has no inner life is the slave to his surroundings.

I don’t know about anybody else but I’m surrounded by people who take pleasure in helping others. Sounds like a great circle of people in my life? Sure it is, I try my best to choose my circle of influence wisely. However, I have to wonder how many people in my circle actually take the time to love themselves. Do they take the time to take care of themselves and cater to themselves?

Now I am well aware of Mark 12:30 that states, “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’[a] 31 The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[b] There is no commandment greater than these.”

I am in agreement with scripture and have decided to forever keep this scripture at the fore front of my mind to avoid becoming self-absorbed. However, where is the balance? Some people are very good at taking care of others but fail miserably when it comes to seeing about themeself. Whether they are trying to live up to someone else’s expectations or they just feel guilty about doing anything for themselves; they neglect self.

If you consider the latter part of the scripture, it tells us to love our neighbor as WE LOVE OURSELF. Most people can’t love anyone else because they have yet to love who they are! Do you like yourself? Do you love yourself? How often do you take the time to tend to your needs physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually?

If you ARE meeting your needs but not concerned about anyone else then you remain unbalanced. Self absorbance is more destructive than most will ever realize and there is a price to pay. There must be balance in this area as well.


If you do not take care of you, then you will be no good to anyone else. It may seem as though “all is well” but you will soon find your self burned-out. You may continue living this way but your attitude will become sour and your efforts ineffective. People my even request that you refrain from helping at all. (If they don’t say it, they’ll probably be thinking it!)

I am a wife, a mother of five, I home school, I am involved in ministry and I write on three inspirational blogs. I am not tooting my own horn but want you to understand that there are people who depend on me all the time. So with that said, there must be balance in my life so that I don’t fall apart and can continue to use the gifts and talents that God gave me to help and inspire others!

So where are YOU? How are YOU? How about YOU? DON’T FORGET ABOUT YOU!

1 comment:

Powered by Blogger.
Blog contents © Wear Your Crown 2009. Blogspot Templates by Nymphont.