Monday, January 9, 2012

Have You Opened Your Gift From God?


Created With a Purpose?

What is our purpose as a woman? Why are we here? It’s amazing how simple questions can result in complex thoughts.

 Have you ever taken notice of others who seem to “just know” their purpose? Sometimes witnessing others pursue their “calling” can be encouraging but also discouraging when flustered with trying to discover our own reason for being. Maybe you feel that you don’t have a talent or just have one talent.

Well I’m here to tell you that there is more to you than the obvious and it’s time to actively display your gifts. We were never given gifts for ourselves but so that we can enhance the lives of others; in turn our lives become better because we reap what we sow. No matter what you’ve experienced in life, YOU HAVE A PURPOSE!

For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. Ephesians 2:10

Treasure Hunt

Just only a few months ago, I began to really seek God concerning my purpose. I wasn’t always sure so I just got busy doing something. After that I started taking notes on inward desires, the things that I was good at and the things people praised me on. Additionally, I considered my childhood interests and what came easily to me i.e. teaching.

After looking at multiple pieces to the puzzle of my life, I discovered that I am an encourager, a giver, teacher and nurturer. As a little girl I always played house, school and church. And many years later, I am a wife, a mother, I’m active in ministry and I participate in many other relatable roles.

Although it sounds simple, often times connecting the dots can be difficult. Numerous times I became frustrated because it didn’t always make sense to me. On top of that there were times when I allowed my past to hinder me from seeing some of the most evident clues to what my future held. Whatever you do, don’t allow your past to dictate your future. Let go of past hurts, disappointments and failures and know that there is a future hope for you.

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

In 2012, if you have no clue to what your gifts are, ask those around you but be selective in the consulting process. Consider what you’re good at, what you love doing and what you did as a child. Last but not least, pray and ask God to direct you and help you discover your purpose.

If you have discovered at least one talent, use it to make a difference in the lives of others while pursuing other unknown gifts. For it is time to pick up the pace and get busy doing what you were created to do!

Until Next Time……Here is a helpful link to use to help you along your journey of discovery.

http://www.gotoquiz.com/what_is_your_spiritual_gift



Image: Evgeni Dinev / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Image: supakitmod / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Image: Salvatore Vuono / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Blog contents © Wear Your Crown 2009. Blogspot Templates by Nymphont.